Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Gaming

Over the Easter weekend, I actually managed to get some gaming done!

We played Dominion using both the Intrigue and Sea Side expansion packs. It was the first time I'd played with either of the extra cards, so I was a little slower than normal in picking up on some of the card synergies. I also feel into the trap of wanting to try out the exciting new cards and so didn't keep my eyes on the prize, but that's okay. The best result I managed was coming second.

I had been really wanting to play some Settlers of Catan, so I managed to convince everyone else to give that a go. In the first game I seriously messed up my initial placement, needlessly denying myself access to any wood, and never really recovered. The second game ended up being a lot closer. Brick was extremely hard to come by, and several times I was blocked in just before building a new settlement. So I ended up wasting lots of brick with roads to no where. I still managed to rack up 7 or 8 victory points before I stupidly made some trades that resulted in me being tronned in again AND the game ending.

The last game we tried was Space Alert. Most of us hadn't played before (including myself) so it took a bit of time to go through all the rules and explain what was going to happen. Then we jumped straight into the chaos. When the dust settled, surprisingly we almost managed to survive. Actually knowing what to expect next time will probably help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment