Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shopping at Milsims

Rich came to stay with us last week. Since it's now just down the road, on Saturday morning we trekked off to visit Milsims!

Rich walked away with armfuls of stuff (including StarCraft, Broodwar and the Typhon promotion cards, along with some posters and stuff all for only $150). I was hoping to get Dominion for mum's birthday present (they were sold out, but I managed to find a copy - on sale! - at Mindgames in the city), but ended up getting a copy of Smallworld.

I'd read about Smallworld when it first came out last year. I thought it sounded okay, but I wasn't grabbed. But looking at it again, it looked like just the sort of game K and M might like to play. And when I noticed it could work with 2 players, I was sold.

The box is as pretty as everything from Days of Wonder - the guy in the shop said he wasn't a fan of the cover art, but I like the style.

Inside were lots of cardboard tokens to punch out. I was impressed to discover not only were there slots for everything in the box, but there was even a removable container with a lit for some of the tokens!

K decided that I wasn't allowed to even look at the rules until we sit down to play it for the first time - the theory being that that way I won't have a head start on anyone. So I'll report back when I know more about what's inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment