Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Painting with Better Photos

I didn't do any more painting this weekend, but I figured I'd post a few better photos of how the marines are looking. The Assault Marine on the right has been hit with my white undercoat, but I haven't done the second coat yet. Which is why he looks a bit "creamier" than the others. The guy on the left has been half painted in Dark Angels Green as a test to see what the flat colour on black would look like. I'm interested to see what happens when I hit it with my standard green colour.

I when over the green undercoats with a wash of Dark Angels Green, and I liked how they came out. I still have to do some highlighting, add the backpacks and weapons (or, in the case of the guy in the middle of the back, his arm!).

The guy on the left was hit with a Badab Black wash which is why his white half looks so grubby. I was testing out ways to improve my painting time. Two of these guys were done by carefully painting the basecoat around the lines in the armour (leaving the black). On the other three I went much quicker but not as carefully. On two I went back over the lines with black and the last one I hit with the wash. Which didn't work like I was hoping.

I'm not sure which of the other two methods was better, but I think adding in the black lines later was faster. More tests required.

No comments:

Post a Comment