Friday, March 19, 2010

First Go at a Space Marine List

I finally sat down and worked out roughly what I could bring to the table (including my new purchases, but leaving aside the whole "being assembled" part), and was somewhat surprised to see that I could field almost 2000pts fairly easily. Doesn't meant it would be a particularly effective 2000pt army, but whatever.

So I started messing around with a few ideas for potential lists. I figured aiming for around 1000pts is probably a good starting point.

HQ: Librarian - 130pts
  • Terminator Armour
  • Storm Bolter
  • Psychic Powers: Null Zone & Vortex of Doom
Troop: Tacitcal Squad - 240pts
  • 9 marines with a meltgun & missile launcher
  • Sergeant with a powerfist & meltabombs
  • Rhino
Troop: Tactical Squad - 210pts
  • 9 marines with flamer & missile launcher
  • Sergant with combi-flamer & meltabombs
  • Rhino
Elite: Dreadnought - 140pts
  • Multimelta
  • Close combat weapon
  • Drop pod
Elite: Terminator Squad - 200pts

Heavy Support: Predator - 80pts
  • Side sponsons with heavy bolters

Which comes to exactly 1000pts.

To anyone who actually plays 40K, it's probably painfully clear that I don't have any idea what I'm doing.

But the basic idea is that the dreadnought will drop in near the enemy's tanks and start running amok. Meanwhile I've got one tactical squad who can double as tank busters and another one for helping with hoard-armies. The Terminators can stomp around being a distraction while the Predator provides some support and cover fire. And, hopefully, the Librarian can help deal with any psykers.

No comments:

Post a Comment