Friday, May 14, 2010

Giving Up on Character Creation

So my "character creation Friday" idea went no where fast.

I'd grab a book, sit down at the computer with an idea and start typing away while flipping pages. I'd type some numbers, a bit of a description, then get bored and stop. After ending up with a bunch of different characters half built, it eventually dawned on me that I wasn't actually having any fun.

I think partly it's because I'm not reading those books anymore, so I don't have stats and traits and ideas flying around my head. So it just ended up being a chore as I tried to fill in numbers that I didn't actually care about.

So I'm giving up on the idea. If I get particularly excited about a system I might make a character, but otherwise, on to more fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment