Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Arcane Legions: Initial Impressions

I'd heard good things about Arcane Legions, and the starter box seemed like a pretty good deal. Opening it up, I was very pleased to see it full of plastic men!

Arcane Legions is a 15mm wargame. You've got three armies to pick from - Romans, Egyptians and Huns. Each army has it's own flavour of magic and magical creatures. The starter box has enough to field a basic force for the three different armies. So there are lots of legionaries, mummies and terracotta soldiers.

The troops came on sprues, so there is a bit of clipping and cleaning up needed. There's some assembly required for certain troops - shields and spear arms. They're also unpainted, except for the special characters for each army (and the roman shields). I was pleased with the level of detail on the figures, especially given the cost.

All and all, I'm quite happy with what I found inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment