Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Father's Day

For Father's Day, B gave me a wooden model plane kit. It's a bunch of pre-cut pieces with some paints, brushes, glue and sandpaper. In other words, everything you need to build a wooden plane.

So we sat down to build it together.

First step was obviously getting all the bits sanded down. So I did that bit, then B helped me paint it up. We followed the paint scheme on the box, which was a pretty red and yellow colouring. Most of the pieces are a single colour, so it was the perfect sort of stuff for B to help with. He sat on my lap and help the brush while I helped make sure we didn't get paint everywhere.

After B's nap, we sat down to do the actual assembly. The biggest problem was that some of the pieces didn't line up properly. I think the main body section hadn't been cut correctly. Naturally, I didn't realise this until it was too late to do anything about it. So the wings aren't attached to the body correctly. We were also missing the piece that holds the propeller onto the plane, but that's not a huge deal.

Now B has a plane to play with that he built with his daddy! Awesome Father's day present!

No comments:

Post a Comment