Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Currently Playing: Torchlight

A little while ago I decided to sit down and start playing Torchlight again. I was feeling in the mood for bashing some monsters, and it's pretty perfect for that. As others have said, it's like they took Diablo and took out all the boring bits.

This time around I decided to roll up a Destroyer, having previously played a Vanquisher. And then I proceeded to run down through the levels of the dungeon, splattering anything that crossed my path. I was initially making really good progress, but then I realised that I'd missed killing a monster on one of the earlier levels. I tried to backtrack, but after working my way up a level I discovered I couldn't get back through a locked gate. So I had to return to the very start of the mine, fight my way back down again, kill the monster in question and then continue on my way.

On the plus side, re-fighting a few levels was pretty easy as a higher level character, and the extra XP was very nice.

I've also rediscovered my other big love in Diablo and Torchlight - gems. Turns out, I have the soul of a dwarf. I have this obsession with hording every gem I come across and trying to turn them into the next highest level. Thanks to the shared stash, I had access to all the gems from my previous character as well. So all my gold goes towards buying more gems, and all my magical items get transmuted into gems. I don't want to actually put the gems into any equipment until I have the very best quality ones. So really they're just something pretty to look at. My preciouses...

I've managed to push deeper into the dungeon then I did last time, and I think I'm nearing the end. Which really just means getting closer to rolling up another character!

No comments:

Post a Comment