Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Super Secret Project II: Announced

Super secret project part 2, that I've been working on for M's birthday, was finally finished and presented on the weekend. So I can now reveal that it was a Chaos Daemon Prince. Sadly the only photos I got of him all sealed and based came out quite blurry (taken at the cafe just after I'd given him away).

These are much better shots, but this was before I'd sealed him.

Overall, I was quite pleased with my work on this project. I was a bit disappointed by how much the matt sealer killed the shine on the gold areas. Next time I'll just leave the gloss seal. I also wasn't super please with how the basing ended up. I was trying for a contrast between the unnatural red/purple daemon and a normal, natural green field. But I'm not sure my flocking was quite up to it.

Anyway, that was fun, but it's nice to have it done. Time to get back to my other projects before I have to start on the next super secret project...

No comments:

Post a Comment