Saturday, November 13, 2010

Island of Blood: Griffin Rider Part II - Rider Finished

I finished off the rider a few weeks ago, but I'm only just now getting around to posting pictures.

I'm really pleased with how he's turned out - so now I'm going to focus on the bits I don't like.

Like I said last time, the gold armour came out much more bronze then I'd intended. In places where I highlighted with silver, it make it look more like the gear is damaged and worn rather than super shiny.

I'm also aware that some of the highlights on the cloak look a bit odd. I need more practice in dealing with large areas of cloth.

I was quite happy with his face - it was the first time I've managed to paint eyes that didn't look completely stupid. He does look a little crazy, but in a "I'm about to fly over and ram my lance through your chest!" kind of way.

Now I just have to find some time to finish off the griffin itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment