Friday, October 22, 2010

Shadows Over Camelot: Almost Done


I managed to finish most of the highlighting and touching up that I wanted to do. There's still a couple of bits that I need to fix up before I seal them, but I'm pretty happy with these guys. It's far from a brilliant paint job, but I'm fairly happy with it as something that was meant to be simple and quick.

I need to decide what to do with the bases - repaint them the block colour or properly base them. But that's something for another project.

This guy is one of my favourites. I was quite happy with the shading I managed on his cloak (which I really should have taken a photo of). I would have liked to do a better job on the trim, but none of my brushes are up to the task.

I need to do something with the heart in the centre of his chest, and he could probably do with a bit more work on his face. But otherwise he's sorted. This was probably the quickest and easiest model to paint. I'm not super happy with the colours I ended up getting on his cloak (a bit too pinky), but it's good enough.

I'm probably least happy with this guy. He's ended up looking like all the fairly dodgie models people post as examples of their early (read "shit") work.
Sir Kay has a very demented face (which is the way the model is - all the Sir Kays look like this). While I'm not super happy with his skin tone, I'm please with the shadowing (particularly around his eyes). He also could have really done with me cleaning up the mould lines across the top of his head, but I was extremely lazy.

Sir Gwain came out fine. I quite liked the colour I got for his hair. He needs a bit more work around his bags, and looking at the photo, the knife on his shield need some cleaning up!

I was pretty happy with how he came out. A lot of the colouring was achieved just using washes (Griffin Sepia and Delvin Mud mostly). I was also happy with the checked shield. The gold could probably use an additional highlight, but whatever.

Arthur is the figure I'm most happy with. His armour came out really well, especially with the gold edging. I was also extremely happy with the highlighting of his cloak. I guess it's fitting that he's the best looking figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment